about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // sig the sheep embroidery

2022 Kawaii Crossing Embroidery

Calling all embroiderers who love kawaii cuteness! It's time for the embroidery version of the Kawaii Crossing residents January pattern. This month's resident is Sig the Sheep, and she is ready to stitch along with you.

Sig is the first of 12 free animal patterns, each with a favorite hobby or thing that they like to do. And like this one, each will include an animal friend and several items. Obviously you can stitch them as a group, but they also work as individual little designs. I've used this cluster of tiny patterns idea for several of my stitching clubs, and they're always so fun!

But this isn't just a set of little patterns, these monthly Kawaii Crossing residents all come together to make an 11x14 sampler, if you so choose. To make that happen, I created a border, which is available when you support me on Ko-Fi. Here's what it looks like:

2022 Kawaii Crossing Embroidery

It's big and takes two pages to print! But it has cute little ribbons and sweet twinkle stitches around the edges and dividing the sections for the 12 patterns.

Not wanting to waste my Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy (and because you don't really want to dissolve all that extra material), I cut around the border and I cut out the inside sections. These little pieces will still get used for other tiny designs, even though they won't work for the residents because they're just a tad bit to big. To see how I use scraps like this, check out this helpful tip!

2022 Kawaii Crossing Embroidery

The ends of the ribbons need to match up, so the Sulky overlaps a little.

2022 Kawaii Crossing Embroidery

And here it is all together on my fabric, a lightweight blush pink linen.

2022 Kawaii Crossing Embroidery

Sig the Sheep will fit right in the first square, with some material overlap. This is a good thing because it means the stitching will be close to the border, which is what I wanted for the design.

By the way, I always try to print my patterns on draft mode for working on Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy because there's less ink that can get on your embroidery. If you notice, the border is much darker because my printer and I were having a day. But the lighter Sig pattern is the better way to use this stuff.

Okay, so now, how about a free pattern?



And if you want to stitch this as a sampler with the ribbon border, you can get that over on Ko-Fi.



Thanks for stitching along with me and I can't wait to see what you make!

2 comments:

  1. So so cute Mollie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile1:31 PM

    *with such designs (cute)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!