about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // star wars life day cross stitch and embroidery

Star Wars Life Day Pattern

Happy Life Day! Today is the day that Wookiees celebrate family, joy, and harmony, and I'm joining this Star Wars celebration with two free Life Day patterns.

I love all things Star Wars, even though I don't know ALL the things. I'm a big fan, but not a fanatic. And I'm not sure where you fall in that spectrum if you have never watched the entire Star Wars Holiday Special (some may say you're in the wise section!), but I'm there. It was only very recently that I learned about Life Day, but I like any kind of holiday to learn about, so here I am.

If this is as new to you as it is to me, I highly recommend that you check it out. The idea is beautiful. I especially like this quote from Princess Leia when talking about Life Day:

"This holiday is yours, but we all share with you the hope that this day brings us closer to freedom, and to harmony, and to peace. No matter how different we appear, we're all the same in our struggle against the powers of evil and darkness."

And isn't that what we all want and need?

Star Wars Life Day Pattern

So let me just share about these patterns for a moment. Wookiees like Chewbacca often wear long red robes for the Life Day ceremonies and Life Day orbs are a traditional decoration. I don't know that I'd say that this is actually Chewie in these patterns, but it is a Wookiee wearing a robe and holding a Life Day orb.

Even though Life Day is celebrated on November 17 (this is based on when this holiday was introduced to our galaxy!), I thought that it would also make a nice Christmas ornament. The cross stitch version is a little over 2 inches when stitched on 14-count Aida and the embroidery version is a bit larger. If you want your embroidered Wookiee to have rosy cheeks like the cross stitch one, you can add that with a soft colored pencil!

I'll be back at the beginning of December with a little tutorial for how to make these or other little designs into ornaments. Today, I am just here to share the quick-to-stitch patterns, along with hopeful wishes of family, joy, and harmony to you and yours.



Please note, these patterns are based on characters I didn't create and are intended only as fan art. Please do not sell anything you make with any of my Star Wars patterns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!