about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // les the lion cross stitch

Les the Lion Cross Stitch Chart

Cross stitch friends, it's time to stitch Les the Lion! This Kawaii Crossing resident has their scissors out and ready to cut some paper hearts (and probably lots of other shapes through the year...but I may be wrong!). As with all of the animals friends I'm sharing this year, the downloadable PDF pattern is freeeeeee!!!

I was a little nervous about creating this design because A) the mane on Les is made up of little scallops and curves can be an interesting challenge in cross stitch, and B) the scissors. Listen, I don't really enjoy drawing scissors anytime. Making them small is harder, and then doing that in cross stitch where angles are a whole thing? Yeah. Anyway, I finally made it happen and I love it!

Stitching Les the Lion with Darcy the Cat

Now I'm actually stitching Les. Not less...more...stitching of Les...the Lion. It's slow going right now, but I'm still moving it forward. Darcy the Cat is helping!

Also slow going is the border, but it's a lot further ahead than last month. The ribbon has all of the light pink and half of the dark pink, plus half of the yellow twinkles. It's nice to have the different areas to work on here and there.

If you want to stitch the border to make the full Kawawii Crossing resident sampler, it's available through my Ko-Fi page. Les the Lion, however, is free below.




One little reminder about these faces: If you just stitch the eyes as the full cross stitch, the X can look like dead eyes, which we don't want. This doesn't always happen, but if you are stitching with two strands on 14-count Aida, it can. If that happens on yours, back stitch around the eyes to fill them in a little more.

I hope you have fun stitching this new friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!