about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

stitch&send patterns

stitch&send

Last week, I introduced a project that Abbie is heading up, which I affectionately named stitch&send. I decided to join Abbie in this project and invite all of you to as well, and do this in place of another Stitch Swap this fall. You can read more about it on my post, or head over to Abbie's blog for even more information.

The basic idea here is that we're making and/or embellishing reusable bags, which will then be filled with a few basic necessities and handed out at a community Thanksgiving meal in Richmond, VA. You can stitch a patch, sew a bag, stitch on a bag, or sew a bag and then stitch on it!

Today I have a few little patterns that I quickly drew up to tie in with The Giving Heart, who will receive the items that we stitch&send.

Giving Heart Patterns

One is based on their logo, and the others are just happy hearts. (Download the PDF.) Of course, you're not limited to just these. You can use any patterns you like! There are TONS of free patterns online (and here on my blog!), not to mention those you can buy.

Oh, and for the rest of the month of October, if you buy a set of patterns from my shop and mention The Giving Heart, I'll give you an extra set of patterns free!

And if you're looking for bags to sew, Wendi has a great (easy!) pattern that you could enlarge a big, and there are some simple drawstring pouches on Martha Stewart!

One last thing...There's now a Flickr group for stitch&send, so as you get working be sure to add your photos!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Oct. 05, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, these are great. They send love and smiles. Thank you. Weekend project.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!