about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // nothing can stop us now!

Nothing Can Stop Us Now Embroidery Pattern


Lace up your skates and get ready to stitch at the roller disco! Because I have a new free embroidery pattern for you today! It features a classic roller skate, lines coming off of the skate that give me all the 70s and 80s vibes, and lyrics from a song: Nothing Can Stop Us Now!

Now, before we get too far, I want to apologize to a group of people. Those people are the ones who have been to a Disney park, ridden Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, and don't like having the song stuck in their head. I think these people exist, but I'm not one of them. From the first moment I heard the song Nothing Can Stop Us Now, I was a fan and wanted to make a pattern happen. Now it has.

If you have no idea what song I'm talking about, go ahead and look it up on YouTube. Or don't. It's fine either way because I think these words are fun whether you think of them as being Disney-related or just as some positivity!

I will say that the Disney attraction that the song comes from doensn't have any roller skating involved. So why did I pair the words with my retro skate? Well first, the other sketches I had were just not coming together. Next, think about rolling on a pair of roller skates...it's definitely a forward motion type of thing! And then finally, back to Disney, there's a recent Mickey animated short that takes place at a roller disco and it was hiliarious, so this connects all the things for me.

Now, let's talk embroidery!

First, if you print the pattern page at 100%, the design fits in a 6-inch embroidery hoop. At this size, it will be best to stitch with 3 strands of embroidery floss, especially for the words. But it would be cute if you enlarged the pattern and made it into a pillow or a larger wall hanging!

I didn't select colors for this because I think you can make it so many colors that you like. You can design your own dream skates or even choose to match your own actual roller skates! The lines from the back would be great in 5 colors in rainbow order or a gradient of shades of one color.

You can stitch the entire thing with my 3 favorite stitches + one: Back stitch (all outlines), french knot (eyes and dots on the exclamation points), and scallop stitch (mouth) + running stitch on the skate. Easy peasy! But I do also like some cute little extras, so you might consider chain stitch for the "vibe" lines and satin stitch for the laces.

Enough words...let's get you the pattern PDF!



Now that you have the pattern, nothing can stop you from stitching it! Unless of course you need help learning some embroidery basics. But I've got you covered. Learn how to transfer a pattern and all the stitches you'll need for this on my Embroidery Basics page. There are even some video tutorials!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!