about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // cal the chicken cross stitch

Cal the Chicken Cross Stitch Chart Cal the Chicken is ready for you to cross stitch him! This latest free pattern in my Kawaii Crossing Residents Sampler features Cal, a cloud, and a weathervane. That's because Cal is a weather watcher, much like my grandpa (who also loved chickens). Gosh, I love creating these critters!

My own stitching on this project is slow to say the least, but I'm enjoying every bit of it. Let's take a look!

Cal the Chicken Cross Stitch Well, well, well...I actually stitched Cal! Of course, I haven't stitched the weathervane or cloud yet (apparently I'm out of DMC 155, but more is on the way...). Regardless, it's progress. And maybe while I wait for cloud embroidery floss I can do a little catch up on other parts of my sampler. Because here's where I am with the rest of that:

Kawaii Crossing Residents Sampler Progress Oh dear. Poor Les the Lion is nearly maneless. In some ways I feel that I'm falling further and further behind on my own project, but I show you this to say that it's okay. There is no rushing projects that you love. It's perfectly fine to savor them (which is a nice way of saying "pull them out to work on occasionally").

If you're just starting, you're not behind. If you've been at this since January, you're not behind. If you're ahead of me, I'm not behind. Ha! It's all good. And if you are just starting, the border is available to folks who support me with a Ko-Fi coffee at the link below. Or you can just stitch the animals on their own!






On the previous Kawaii Crossing residents (and definitely on future friends), I've included eyes made with whole cross stitches. And then I have to add a note about making them not look dead. Cal the Chicken has smiling eyes, so he's a little different, which makes the timing of this video a little off. But I made this video about crossing stitching eyes and no matter where you are on this sampler project, I think it will be helpful.

Speaking of future animal friends, behind the scenes I'm working on a new baby animal design for folks who pre-order my book Cross Stitch Celebrations: Bundle of Joy! If you're a fan of cross stitching animals and/or gifts for new arrivals, I'd love it if you check it out! Then be sure to get on the pre-order list for all the free bonus gifts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!