about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // a pearl birthstone for june

June Pearl Pattern

Pearl is June's birthstone, which is a bit of a challenge when it comes to making an embroidery pattern. Well, actually it's not much of a challenge at all, being just a circle, but therein lies the challenge. How do you make a circle with a face look interesting and still like a pearl?

Well, you choose a pretty pearly color (in this case DMC 677), and you add a few lines to make it look like it has some shine. And then you just go with it. There have been and will be plenty of more detailed birthstones in this year-long collection.


In this PDF you'll find the mini version to go on a hexagon, the large version if you're so inclined, and the hexagon and half hexagons to make the EPP portion of this be project that I'm dreadfully behind on. I've stitched all my embroideries, but I have a few months worth of EPP to catch up on.

I know some of you are actually ahead of me, and it's so fun to see the photos on Instagram! Even if you're just joining this free version of the Wild Olive Stitching Club, or even if you just want to make a single birthstone, we'd love to see your pictures too! Just share and tag them #wildolivestitchingclub.

And then click the tags below to find previous posts in this series. Happy June Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Molly, you are so wonderfully creative, and I enjoy your humor in writing. I don't know if you remember me. This is Eric Brown. It's been about 15 years since we last saw each other. I was involved with Ginger Creek children's ministry. I remember that you had a wonderful gift with interacting with children, and I often appreciated your help when dealing with them. I was looking at some old photographs and came across one of you and your family that was sent to me at Christmas time. I was curious to see what you might be up to these days so I googled you. You're easy to find. It seems you are continuing to enjoy life as a freelance artist. How do you find the time to do so many extra projects? LOL .If you would like to touch base via email here is my address.
    ericbrown471@gmail.com
    Please tell your parents I said hi. They meant a lot to me when I was attending Ginger Creek, and it was always a pleasure to see your smiling face every Sunday. Good memories!
    Best,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!