about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // kawaii crossing sewing shop embroidery design + epp mini quilt

Golden Thimble Sewing Shop Embroidery Pattern

Embroidery fans, it's your turn to get started on the Kawaii Crossing patterns for 2020! As you may have seen already, this first design is for a happy little thimble that happens to house a sewing shop. Because every year should start with sewing and crafting and stitching of some kind, right?

Now, I have a tendency to want to do all the things in a very unrealistic sort of way. When I decided to commit to only doing the cross stitch version of each of these patterns each month, I had no idea how hard it would be to resist doing the embroidery too. There's a very real chance that I will stitch up at least a few along the way. But I'm at least trying to start the year by giving myself fewer things to work on.

Which is why you don't see an embroidered example above. In the free pattern below, you'll find the following: a color sample, the pattern, the pattern reversed, and a larger version of the pattern/reversed version. You can stitch the pattern with whatever embroidery stitches you like. I'm partial to back stitch, french knot, scallop stitch, and chain stitch for thicker lines.


The larger pattern size is for making a project idea that I'll share soon. Spoiler: It's a Kawaii Crossing banner! If you want to wait for that, it will be a week or so before I post the tutorial.

The smaller pattern size is for another EPP mini quilt!



Again, I'm not going to be stitching this up (unless I give in!), but I thought it would be fun to make a design you could use. Each embroidery pattern fits on a house shape EPP piece, then they line up to make little rows of shops with roadway pieces. The stripes on the road are a perfect way to quilt this by hand! And of course, you can make the house shapes with the embroidery any color you want. But it could be fun to make it rainbow!


As with all my patterns, be sure to print everything at 100% (or all pieces at the same percentage) so that things match up. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to help you out!

Oh, and for those who asked for the cross stitch patterns as individual charts, here's the link to download the first one! Going forward these will be posted along with the updated larger chart.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mollie!! This is just so darn cute!! I have to apologize--I was a TERRIBLE follower last year and am just now catching up!! so excited about these embroideries and the cross stitches, too!! You have the cutest style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle H9:46 PM

    Thank you, Mollie!! This is just so darn cute!! I have to apologize--I was a TERRIBLE follower last year and am just now catching up!! so excited about these embroideries and the cross stitches, too!! You have the cutest style!!! (Sorry--forgot to sign in with my name the first time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for re-posting the January pattern. I was missing it. They're soooo cute! ❤️😍❤️

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!