about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // stitching love on international embroidery day

Stitching Love Embroidery Pattern

Happy International Embroidery Day, stitching friends! (Or World Embroidery Day, depending on who you talk to...)

I hear about these special days, and then I forget, and then they pop up and surprise me. And since I was happily surprised with a day devoted to one of my favorite things, I thought I would surprise you with a free pattern.

Five years ago, and a year before I ever started talking about creating my book, Stitch Love, I made this pattern. It was created as a bonus for one of my online classes, and I didn't even think about it when titling my book. In fact, my editor was the one who suggested Stitch Love, and it wasn't until today that I realized how this has been a theme in my work for so long.

On International Embroidery Day, a Stitching Love pattern was too perfect to leave in the past. And since I've tried to pull a few things from the archives this year (something I call "making old new", it was doubly right.

If you love stitching, I hope you have a chance to stitch love today and everyday!


  1. Sew cute. :) Thank you very much.

  2. Lovely pattern. Thanks for sharing!

  3. This is super cute! Thank you for your generosity

  4. This is super cute! Thank you for your generosity


I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!