about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

calendar // a triangular topaz for november



Welcome to November! Time for holiday preparations, giving thanks, and another calendar wallpaper!

November is my birthday month, and I'm gonna be honest...growing up I was NOT a fan of my yellow topaz birthstone. When I learned that topaz came in other colors, like a lovely light bue, I was happier. But as I've gotten older, I've become a big fan of traditional topaz. I love it. Especially the rough, uncut ones.

But since this is a year of gemstones, I felt like I needed a cut topaz for our wallpapers. And I chose a concave trillion cut, which is a fancy way of saying triangle! This is another one that I think would look so cool as English paper piecing, though for now I'll just be working on an embroidery pattern, which is coming soon.

For now, have a wallpaper or three!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!