about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

eventually this will be a blanket

Butterfly Blanket...eventually!


Remember that Simply Bound Blanket I showed a couple weeks ago? I've been planning to make another one, and this is as far as I've gotten.

Fabric purchased? Check.
Binding prepared? Check.
Embroidered patch made? Check.
Attach the binding and patch? Um...no.

I thought that since the fabric has butterflies on it, how nice would it be to have an embroidered butterfly on there? Since I didn't want the back showing, I stitched it on quilting cotton, then made an EPP pentagon to stitch on one corner. When it's finished. Which could still be awhile!

Butterfly Blanket...eventually!
Butterfly Blanket...eventually!

The butterfly is one of the motifs from Stitch Love: Sweet Creatures Big & Small. I stitched it with colors to match the knit fabric, and with a few different stitches than I used in the book. Because it's fun to change things up!

And I just LOVE this purple fabric that I'm using for the binding. I keep finding places to use it and worry that I'll run out far too soon.

Even though this particular project is temporarily stalled, I've been starting a few more things, and moving through others. Perhaps this is why I have so many WIPs and such a big crafty mess around here?

1 comment:

  1. oh that is such a pretty butterfly! love it!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!