about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

vintage craft: handprints


It has been a while since I've shared a vintage craft post, but today I have a good one for you! My favorite vintage things are the ones with family history. They mean so much more, right? Well, here's what my grandpa recently found and gave to my family.
handprint
handprint
handprint
handprint
A handprint that I made when I was two years old! It's made from bread clay (I think?), and it seems that whoever helped me make it didn't know how to spell my name. But that doesn't matter, it's still really special. Cracked and all. I like that with things like this, you want to see how your hand has grown.
handprint
handprint
My mom did the same thing when she unwrapped her handprint from kindergarten, which was in the same package! Hers is in plaster, and obviously is much fancier than mine. I love it.

My mom keeps thinking that there isn't really any reason to keep these (especially now that I've taken pictures), and maybe she's right. But they are terribly wonderful...
grace's handprint
max's handprint
pj's handprint
A week or so ago, some of my younger brothers and sisters also made some handprints. Theirs are in concrete, and they had so much fun working on them! I loved the reactions to the feeling of sinking your hand into the wet cement. Good times! And someday they can share their vintage craft with the world!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic treasure to find. I'm not sure I could get rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've been saved for this long -- how could you get rid of them now?

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!