about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

share day: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 things with andee

Hi all! I'm so excited to be sharing with you today.  If we haven't met yet, my name is Andee and I'm visiting today from Bearing Fruit. This is a month chock full of inspirations. I thought it would be fun
to share a post inspired by Mollie's 5,4,3,2,1 things. So here goes....

One project you are particularly proud of


1.  My purple ruffle dress, which I have recently named The Barbara Dress. I'm super proud of this because I made it entirely without a pattern.  And the ruffles (which are now my favorite part) came out of need,to cover a too tight bodice (it still fit, but was way way too va va voom for me, if ya know what I mean)  



Ruffles to the rescue, right?  I love how out of not wanting to lose the dress, I was pushed creatively to make something work and that's the very something that makes the dress so special!

Two mistakes you've made in the past
1.  Letting my concern for what others think of me get in the way of being myself.
2.  Trusting myself instead of trusting God.  (Thank goodness for forgiveness & grace!) 


Three things that make your work unique

1.  Everything I make is made with love.  
2.  Everything, or just about everything I make is soft to the touch.
3.  I tend to work within the same palette of pink, blue, lavender, green, and yellow. There's an occasional orange or red, but I'm all about the tender hues.

Four tools you love to use

1.  sewing machine
2.  printed fabric
3.  my new camera (canon eos rebel t3)
4.  scrapbook paper
5.  thread

Five inspirations
1. Jesus
2. Walking, whether I'm in nature, or on fun adventures through the city...just walkin' around being inspired by all I see!
3. The power of love to change hearts and move mountains.
4. Too many awesome creative women out there who blog to even name names, I'm supposed to only write five here!  So I'm gonna say the 'craft community' is an endless source of inspiration.
5.  Those who are bold in their faith and move in a way that is both humble and impassioned.


Thanks so much for having me over, Mollie!  

Happy inspirations!
xo
Andee

2 comments:

  1. Cuteness.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sécia!
    Thanks for your sweet words. Hope you are having a great day!
    xo
    Andee

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!