about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

the elf is nearly finished...

I should start by saying, if you're family, or a certain family friend whose mom likes to read my blog (Hi, Mrs. Woods!), stop reading.

I am AT LAST nearly done with the gift making. Just two tiny things to finish off on things. YAY! There are things that I still am hesitant to photograph, and I don't want to entirely bore you, but here are the things that I finished off in the last two days:

panda bag...

Grace's 5th birthday comes right after Christmas, so I made her this ADORABLE panda bag from the RVA autumn class. The supplies I had on hand determined the colors, and I'm so glad that it came out this way. A light pink and orange panda bear? Perfect.

TeePeeTee...

The 7- and 10-year-old brothers are each getting one of these teepee t-shirts. I appliqued the cotton jersey, and added a bit of stitching. I hope they like them, but if they don't, they'll probably fit me.

baseball journal...

Another RVA project. This was supposed to be made out of leather, but I didn't find white, and for a baseball loving brother, white with red stitches was essential. Canvas worked perfectly. And it gave me a chance to try out the feather stitch learned from Jenny Hart's latest book. Oh, and how fun was it to actually bind the whole thing? It was an accomplishment!

cotton jersey scarf...

Speaking of accomplishment...This entire scarf was sewn without sewing machine incident! Yes, it was just straight stitching, and it was after my dear mother had done some threading, but give me this. Believe me...this has been a stressful sewing machine gift-making year. But hey, only two total flops!

supplies...

But this was the best gift to make. Those boxes outside my window were filled with supplies for Caregiver Kits. They arrived today, we assembled them tonight, and in the morning they are getting shipped out. Yay! The best part was having little Grace help in packing the supplies. She really got into it. So again, to all who contributed by making a purchase towards Caregiver Kits, THANK YOU!

Next up, the gift elf becomes the baking elf...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:39 AM

    What a fabulous elf you are! Great gifts! Merry Christmas to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!