about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

electricity and embroidery...

Ben Franklin gave us so much. He had his rough spots, but he was wise. And he contributed two things that I would like to highlight.

The first is electricity. I'd like to think that I could make it without power, but I'd go a bit crazy after knowing how wonderful it is. Without electricity, I wouldn't be communicating with you right now!

The best, however, is embroidery. OK, so maybe he didn't really contribute embroidery, but stay with me.

I'm actually talking about Ben Franklin stores. Have you ever been to one? It's been ages for me. When I was little, there was a Ben Franklin nearby, and after it went away, there was still one in a town we visited every year or so.

Recently I discovered Ben Franklin Crafts, and was reminded of all of the lovely crafty things that could be found there. Like, did you know you can get DMC embroidery floss on a 100-gram cone? What color would you choose?

Unfortunately, there aren't any Ben Franklin Craft stores near me anymore, but at least online I can remember some good childhood memories. And perhaps find some wonderful things!



While on the subject of embroidery floss, I saw this item on a different website. I love the idea of getting all that great specialty floss, but can you imagine buying a mess like that? But I suppose it would save me the trouble of doing it myself!

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you, just looking at that bag of threads makes me want to set my hair on fire.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!