about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

leaving a print...

Some time ago, I found this image online. (I wish I could remember where from...foolishly, I only saved the image). Since then I've wanted to try out some stamp carving. It appeals to my love of little doodle-like images and printing. Craft magazine has a nice collection of links for ideas and tutorials (I especially love that emoticon!) on handmade stamps, and I had already been thinking about printing on fabric...so that will now be a must. But anyway, I finally gave this a try and carved a "Made with Love Valentine" stamp. This is the stamp, along with some sheets that I printed and will be using for some little gift surprises...

Made with Love Valentine Stamp

To make this, I started with a Magic Rub eraser. Then I freehanded the drawing, although on another I'm planning to transfer my design. To cut, I used a linoleum cutting tool, which was pretty simple to maneuver. I tried stamping with ink, and that worked...but I wanted something a bit different, so used paint. Considering that the stamp is fairly small, and that paint is a bit thick, the end result was pretty good, I think! An Excited Egg is on the way next...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!