about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

All things Gocco?

I've had more than a few people find my blog because of my references to Riso's Print Gocco. Before I got mine, I wanted as much information as I could find. So, if you want to know, here's what I know:

I'm told that Gocco rhymes with cocoa. When you order it, don't say Go-koo, like my mom did. It's not a Dragon Ball Z character.

Before I did my first print, I was a bit nervous. But I read through the (overwhelming) instructions. Once you actually read them, they aren't confusing, and everything makes sense. It wasn't difficult at all.

My first project was a little ambitious. I printed the covers for my family's Christmas cards (it's a long story, but they will now be next year's cards). I used one screen with two colors. The sticky backed foam that they give you is very effective. At least it was for my project, where the colors weren't extremely close. It wasn't until the very end of my run that the ink started to find its way through the foam.

They tell you to be generous when applying the ink, and they are right. Having more ink makes it go easier. They also tell you that you could get 75 prints from one application. This wasn't so accurate in my case. I reapplied more often than that, but each time it was either a different area or the other color.

I don't think that a single one was perfectly solid. A few had bigger spots of white where the ink ran out. But, I LOVED THIS! I found it to be very charming. Any imperfections seemed to be because it needed more ink. The screen was fine, all the way to the end.

I made a total of 200 cards, and was very happy with how they turned out.

Plans are in the works for my next prints!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!