about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

Toy shopping?

Why do so many people think that toys are for children? Yesterday my sister and I went to a toy show and we were, of course, surrounded by other adults that loved toys as much or more than us. We saw so many wonderful things. We also saw more Star Wars and G.I. Joe figures and Comic Books than most girls would want to see in a lifetime. But having brother and friends that talk about these things, we occasionally paused and even purchased.

I found some nice old books and a very cute little doll called a "Thum-Things" doll. Her face spins around to reveal three faces, each of which has a different emotion: "I'm Thmart!" "I'm Thilly!" "I'm Theepy!" She's very cute, but of course, now I'd like the complete set of three dolls. Looking for a blonde and a red head Thum-Things, each in her box.

But by far, the coolest thing I saw was a vintage crayon maker. I was so excited to get my crayola crayon maker, but little did I know that this was not the first one to be made. This version was not as child safe as the new one, but it did allow you to make more crayons at one time. It also came with crayon shavings in primary colors and, using the included color wheel, you could mix up almost any color imaginable! The sad thing is, I don't remember who made it and I haven't been able to find it online yet. If you have ever seen this, please let me know. I'd like some more information.

So, it was a good day. I was totally wiped out by it though. Playing with toys is hard work!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    I am also looking for this toy. We had one as kids, and I cannot find it online. Did you find out who makes it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!