about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // cross stitch marmalade and preserves

January and February Cross Stitch Patterns

If you like the kawaii Wild Olive style, but you do cross stitch instead of embroidery, I'm here for you! Today I have two free counted cross stitch Jam of the Month Club patterns!

A few years back Cross Stitch Crazy Magazine asked me to design some cross stitch charts for them, and my first response was "you know I design embroidery right?" They said if I'd be willing to try designing for cross stitch, they still wanted to work with me. Fast forward a few years and I've now contributed to the magazine a few times a year, and I love working in this different (but similar) medium.

So when someone asked if there might be Jam of the Month cross stitch patterns, I couldn't resist!

I'm a crazy slow cross stitcher, so these ones you only get in chart form. I was also apparently slow on even getting the first pattern finished, so you TWO this month. Hooray!


I've never incorporated cross stitch into english paper piecing, but in theory, you could use these with the mini quilt project. But I think these would also be cute as one large cross stitch with stitched "shelves". OR, work them up individually, frame them in hoops, and hang them in your kitchen!

UPDATE: A large chart with shelves is coming soon!

No matter how you use these, I'd love to see your stitching. Tag your pics with #wildolivestitchingclub on Instagram!

9 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing this! I can't stop thinking about cross stitching all the amigurumi style cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're excited about these!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:36 PM

    LOVE!! Thank you so much for making these! I will definitely be stitching these cute jams :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for thinking about us cross-stitchers too :) I love embroidery but cross-stich is my first love, and your style is equally cute in both mediums! The idea of having the jam jars on a shelf is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm actually working on making the shelf chart now, so that should be coming soon.

      Delete
  4. Grazie mille di aver pensato anche a noi del punto croce, sono bellissimi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Cross Stitch jam patterns Mollie! You are so generous with your time! I had a good idea of stitching one of these onto a checked or gingham fabric using the squares on the fabric as a guide - would make a cute cushion don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!