about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // a diamond birthstone for april

April Diamond Embroidery Plans

Every month so far this year, I've planned on sharing the birthstone embroidery pattern earlier in the month. And then it takes me longer to stitch and post it. This time it's so bad that I didn't even stitch it yet.

But I did choose the fabrics I'm going to use for my EPP! And I picked out the color I'm planning to use to stitch my diamond! Rather than make you wait any longer, I'm just going to make you imagine how it looks stitched, and then hopefully I'll catch up for next month.


I'm stitching mine in DMC 955. It has the minty color I chose to represent the diamond (because I didn't want to go with gray or try to use white on a white background). And a little color is nice. But if you're stitching on a darker color (which, ironically, I am!), you could go with white floss. Or even DMC E5200, which is their metallic white.

Now, let's see how many of you stitch this up before I do!

NOTE: This is part of the free Birthstone Wild Olive Stitching Club. Find the previous posts and patterns here. With this club, you can embroider the 12 birthstones and combine them with English paper piecing to make a birthday placemat!

We'd love to see your stitching progress along the way. Share on Instagram and tag your photos #wildolivestitchingclub

1 comment:

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!