about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

printable // happy apple and acorn friends

Happy Apple and Acorn


Everybody needs a good friend, even an apple or acorn. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it's because they are friends that they are looking so happy!

Seriously though, there's nothing serious about this silly little project. And I just know that your refrigerator is begging to have these hanging on its doors like my fridge was. All is right in my refrigerator's world now.

Happy Apple and Acorn

Download the Happy Apple and Acorn People PDF, and print them out. I used Astrobrights for these bright and bold colors, but the PDF is in black and white so you can print them like I did, or let your kids color them.

Happy Apple and Acorn

Cut out the printed shapes, then cut some 1-inch strips for the arms and legs. I used extra pieces cut from the pages. You can make them as long or short as you'd like, and for springy-action limbs, accordion fold the pieces.

Happy Apple and Acorn

Use a glue stick to attach all of the parts. Follow my example, or put yours together in a wacky way!

Happy Apple and Acorn

My sister also made a baby happy apple! Isn't it just the cutest? I love that she appreciates this sort of thing as much as I do.

Happy Apple and Acorn

The acorn is probably my favorite. I just love his cap, and I think it would be cute done in lots of different colors. Try it!

Print these out for your kids or your classroom and enjoy the season with these happy friends!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I love these guys so much! I haven't seen accordion legs and arms on anything since grammar school. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children, and now grandchildren, love to make anything with accordion arms and legs! I have the apple, pumpkin, spider, ladybug, and more, but not the acorn, and a good acorn template like yours is so hard to find. Thank you for sharing, from Port Huron, Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:17 AM

    So cute, thanks a lot - I will definitely do this with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Can't wait for the grandkids to come over :)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!