about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

calendar // old birch logs for a new november



I love November. I really do. It's the month of Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie, and fall is in full force. Plus it's my birthday month! There are bittersweet things too, but the weather in November seems to support a bit of melancholy. And I'm okay with that.

A little melancholy can be good for the soul.

My challenge is always to not stay there too long. So I'm setting some goals and I'm going to try and reach them, while not beating myself up if I don't. They are goals about getting items in my shop and stitching some gifts. And a goal about reaching an ongoing goal.

Speaking of goals, you may have heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), a challenge to write a novel in November. My friend Heather is co-opting that idea and doing NaBiStiProMo (National Big Stitching Project Month). She has a large cross stitch project that she is focusing all of her stitching energy on, and attempting to do the whole thing, start to finish, in November.

I'm sharing that because we're only 3 days into the month and this might be something you want to try too!

But now, November calendars. This month I have some birch logs from the Woodlanders set I made back in 2010. There are embroidery patterns for a year's worth of Woodlanders, and if you search my blog, you'll find them!


For iPhone 6+, choose the iPad version. To use the iPhone and iPad versions, click the link for the wallpaper you want. When it opens, touch and hold the image until it pops up with the option to save. After you've saved the image, go to your settings, choose wallpaper, then find the image you've just saved.

You can also download a printable November calendar. The idea with all of the printable calendars this year was that you could also color them. Birch logs are white, but you can color the negative space around them! Maybe in a nice gradient of colors? Or hey...make some pastel logs!

Have a very happy November, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:47 AM

    I have participated in NaNoWriMo before, but not in a couple of years because I just don't have time right now. I love your friend's idea of NaBiStiProMo! My daughter (16yo) and I are working on making a quilt for her. I did one a few years ago for her brother based on his favorite video game, and she said it's only fair that I make her one too. She has designed it. It's very simple 10" squares, but on the quilt top, we are appliqueing and embroidering the squares with some of her favorite things. (So mostly Dr. Who, Sherlock and Marvel superheroes :) It's exactly what she wants even if it isn't what I would have picked and she is excited about helping with the embroidery. So I think finishing all the squares and getting her quilt done will be my project for NaBiStiProMo.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!