about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

calendar // print and post elongated hexagons for november



Okay, so October is fine and good and actually, this October was a fine and good one. But November is my favorite. It's my birthday month, it's Thanksgiving, and it's jeans and sweaters, tights and scarves.

Before I get too far, here are a few posts that I shared over on About.com this month...


Okay, and now it's November time! A friend of mine and I have talked about how we're not always fans of the "elongated hexagon" shape that is used in some English paper piecing. I'm not exactly sure why, but my best guess is that I see it looking very traditional, and I like modern (or super vintage) better.

That said, I chose the elongated hexagon for this month. Why? well, I wanted to see if I could make it more modern. I've seen some quilters do it successfully, and then there's this. When I saw Sufjan Stevens' concert stage in Chicago with these beautiful shapes, I knew that I needed to explore the shape more.

I can't wait to see where they lead me!


For iPhone 6+, choose the iPad version. To use the iPhone and iPad versions, click the link for the wallpaper you want. When it opens, touch and hold the image until it pops up with the option to save. After you've saved the image, go to your settings, choose wallpaper, then find the image you've just saved.

2015 November Print Calendar

To PRINT a calendar page (with a place for notes), download the October 2015 calendar page PDF. The dates are lighter print so you can write over them if you want, or let your little ones trace over the numbers for practice!

Let's have a wonderful November, filled with gratitude and great days!

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see how you make the elongated hexies modern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our neck of the woods, the leaves are peaking in the beginning of November and we'll be getting our first freeze in the next couple of weeks, too. It's gorgeous, wrap your hands around a hot mug, snuggle up with a good book, take a walk, kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the tiny little leaves, especially how you used two different threads for each.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!