about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

project // felt circle headband

Circle Headband


Oh hey! It's me and my tired face! And I'm wearing circles in my hair for circle month!

This headband is really easy to make and only takes about an hour. It's the kind of thing that I want to make in 37 colorways so that I have one for every possible outfit and then some. The best part is that thanks to Benzie, you don't need to worry about cutting perfect circles.

Circle Headband

All you need is some Felt-Fetti! You might need some Felt-Fetti, even if you aren't making a headband. This stuff is just wonderful. But then, everything from Benzie is. They're my favorite felt supplier.

Now, I think you should use circles, because I'm all about circles for January. But Renae also has hearts, leaves, butterflies, and hexagons. Any of them should work fine for this...or consider a mix!

A very special thanks to Renae for sending me a pack to make this headband project!

Circle Headband

Here's what you need:

Benzie Felt-Fetti (I used the 1-1/4-inch size in Linen, Icicle, and Swan) - Or, cut your own circles!
1/2-inch wide ribbon
Embroidery floss

Circle Headband

Cut a piece of ribbon that is 36-48" long. I went for longer so it has ties that hang down when I pull my hair up.

Lay some felt circles out in an overlapping row that is 12-13" long, then place the center of the ribbon at the center of the circle row. You might find it helpful to mark on the ribbon where the ends should be. I used painters' tape.

Circle Headband

Thread a needle with three strands of embroidery floss and knot the end. Stitch through the ribbon and half of the first circle with running stitch. I found that three stitches was good.

Circle Headband

Add the next circle, then stitch through the two layers plus the ribbon. Again, you'll only be stitching through half of this new circle. Three stitches again.

Circle Headband

Keep adding circles and stitching until you reach the end. Tie off the thread, and you're done! Notice that with nice, even, centered stitches, the backside looks as pretty as the front. In fact, you can wear it either way! I love reversible.

Circle Headband

My pack came with four colors, so I think a Sugar Plum headband will be next for me. Oh, and there was still plenty of of the other colors left too. One pack goes a long way!

Circle Headband

To wear it, just tie it in a bow at the base of your head. I wore this all day on Sunday and it didn't slide off at all! I'm not sure if the felt has magic grippy qualities, or what, but I love this headband! (I also love my new necklace that Becca made for me!)

Circle Headband


Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty! My niece just started getting into having her hair done. I think it would be fun to make a circle head band for her. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how cute this would look using your yo-yo's! :)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!