about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

printable // 6-day mini list

6-Day Mini List

I'm worried that I put too much value on getting things done. All too often the day starts to wind down, and I find myself feeling badly because I didn't accomplish enough. Then I proceed to list off six or seven things that I worked on throughout the day. I should be thrilled to have done all that! But if I didn't do the things I see as "really important" (even if they would have been too big to do in a day anyway), I count it as a loss. Clearly this is something I need to work on.

In fact, I read that it's a better idea to write down three things that you plan to work on each day. Not necessarily things that will even get finished, but simply things to which you will dedicated some time. Of course, there will be other smaller things you need to do in a day, but three important things.

With this in mind, I made myself some mini lists to try and I'm sharing them with you. Download the 6-Day Mini Lists here.

6-Day Mini List

These need to be printed double sided, and the same page is used for both sides. You'll just need to figure out how your printer loads for double-sided printing, and when you run this through on the second side, be sure that Thursday-Saturday ends up behind Monday-Wednesday. (Sunday is for not trying to accomplish anything!)

6-Day Mini List

Cut the page in half and you'll have two weeks worth of lists.

6-Day Mini List

Now, fold the list into thirds so you only need to look at one day at a time. Start your day by writing down the three things you want to work on or accomplish. Or, reverse it! At the end of the day, write down three things that you did get done...at the end of the week, you'll see what you really did (and why you're ready for the weekend)!

Or, or, or...to really change it up, each day, write down three things that you're especially thankful, especially joyful about. I'm sure you can think of even more things to list!

6-Day Mini List

Ironically, this is my list from yesterday, and I only did one of the things on there. I'm choosing to not beat myself up over it and move on to today. It's helped by my new favorite pen from Mochi Things. How adorable is it with its "If you can dream it, you can do it!" message? Under the grip it says "Never give up!" and I do believe that I shall follow that advice!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea for a mini 6 day planner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to have the same problems...maybe this will help! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about lists lately - love the small planner. That pen is adorable - I need that for writing my lists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love list making!! These are super - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! love it
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just lovely! i need to make a big stack for my desk!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!