about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

25 crafts of christmas // fuse beads


25 crafts of christmas // fuse beads

Perler Beads. Hama Beads. Fuse Beads. Whatever brand (or off-brand) you choose to use, fusing bits of plastic together is really fun and I'm so glad that this craft is as cool as ever.

A few years ago I made some Perler bead magnets for a friend as a Christmas gift, this year I've helped my little sister make some favorite video game characters for our brothers, and I love the idea of making ornaments from these little beads.

25 crafts of christmas // fuse beads


If you visit Pinterest and search for Perler, Hama, or fuse beads, you'll find TONS of amazing inspiration (and I just started a new pin board just for fun designs I find!)

But maybe you'd like to make some designs of your own? Or perhaps some Wild Olive fuse bead designs? I used the pattern designer on Kandi Patterns to make mine, and I saved them and put them into a PDF for you to download. Just be sure to pay attention to the direction that the board is turned...it does make a difference on the wreath. Also, the pattern designer fills in with white "beads", but every area that is white in the pattern should actually just be open.

I have seriously been having so much fun with these. So tell me...have you made any fuse bead projects lately? It feels like a blast from the past, and it's fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. I remember as a kid making some snowflakes in different shades of blue with white for my 1st Christmas living up in the mountains of Northern California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! Cute! My daughter used to love using those beads to make creations. However, I banned them after vacuuming up one too many beads last summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the reminder of those things! I created 8x10 portraits of my 2 boys in them a few years back - crazy time consuming - but I loved the end result! Your post prompted me to go ahead and whip together 10 snowflake ornaments...I think I'll affix them to gift packages! Now...to get caught up on the Winter Stitching Club! :)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!