about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

make: button placket bracelet

Making old into new is always so much fun, and I recently cut up a shirt to be made into something else. Of course, I didn't need all of the shirt, so I started thinking about how I could use the rest. The button placket caught me, so I slipped off a strip long enough to wrap around my wrist.
placket cuff
There are already button holes in it, so I made sure that one of the holes would be at the end.
placket cuff
On the other end, I sewed on a button. I wanted one that was cute, but would still fit...shirt buttons are fairly small.
placket cuff
Then I just wrapped and buttoned! It's pulled just a bit so that the overlap isn't too straight. I don't want it to look too much like a shirt cuff!

Easy, quick and fun!

Michael Ann used an old shirt and made a whole dress from it! I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Whaaaat - this is pretty awesome & genius! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:38 AM

    Ha! So cute and clever and simple! That yellow button is lovely.

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moley mollie! i've been on vacation and haven't had the chance to comment till now, but thanks for the mention in this fabulous post! that is the cutest idea for some scraps i have now, haha :] you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this idea! Was just pulling a shirt or two apart for another project, but the button plackets weren't usable. I'm thinking that this would be a great holiday project for my 11-year-old son - nice timing.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!