about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

2010 plans in review

At the end of 2009 I wrote up a list of ten plans for 2010, and I thought it would be a good idea to look over those plans and see how things turned out. It also is a nice little look at the year, so here we go!
ten plans for 2010
1. Take 365 photos for YIP Knitterly Crafterly. Hmm. I didn't do too bad with this. There were a few days that I missed (like yesterday!), but after today, I will have taken 355 pictures for this project alone. You can see the collection on Flickr, although there a definitely a bunch that haven't made it into the set yet.
Cuckoo
Animal Crackers
2. Create lots of fun new products. I think it's safe to say that this went well. At least, I think that the things I made were fun! My favorites are the Cuckoo Clock pattern and the Animal Crackers sewing pattern.

3. Get business plans in order. Could I have been a bit more vague with this? I'm not sure that the plans are officially in order, but there are plans and progress has definitely happened. Advertising the blog and shop were one specific part of this, as well as building my sales. Check and check!
YIP2010 - 328
4. Make a jumbo granny square blanket. After a rough start, I can say this is done! Okay, so I still need to finish the edge and weave in ends. But those are details, right?
A new class starting July 12
5. Write an e-book. Originally, this plan was going to be "Create an online class", but I thought that might be ambitious. It turned out that a class was more my style, and took the place of the e-book. I still have thoughts of writing one, but I also want to teach another class, so we'll see.
YIP2010 - 203
6. Paint a large painting (or 2!). I've started said painting. But it's not finished. Actually, there are layers of background. But a true subject eludes me. There's still time to get inspired tonight.

7. Overhaul shop: photos, sections, product lines, etc. This is still a work in progress, but I think it always will be. I've definitely made changes, but more are still needed. I would especially like to consider the product like part...
spongebob stitching
Make A Memory
8. Design a game. Completed! And kind of twice! Back in the spring I worked out the idea of a stitching game for while watching TV, and in the fall I collaborated with Tara to create an embroidered memory game.
YIP2010 - 255
9. Conquer sewing machine fear. I'm not sure that all fear is gone, but I did get up the nerve to use the sewing machine again. There were bee bean bags as well as a few Christmas gifts.

10. Buy a World Vision sewing machine. This was one of my favorites plans. To celebrate a milestone on this blog, I bought a sewing machine through World Vision so that someone could improve their life exponentially. Thank you to all who helped spread the word.

I'm so glad that I ended on that good one, because I'm a little disappointed with my apparent inability to finish things! Or perhaps it's my inability to make good and clear plans. I'm not sure, but I do know that I have a new list of things for 2011, and I look forward to sharing them next week.

PS: Be sure to stop by and visit my December sponsors one last time! A few will be back, but there's new friends coming tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!