about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

a list of stripes...

For the record, I feel a bit like I'm caught in quicksand. If I move and try to fix it, and actually through the lists, I might go deeper. This is all an exaggeration, because when you feel like that, you feel it worse than it actually is. But it's there anyway.

So I was thinking, I need to make something. Even something simple, because that will help. It always does, and it did again today.

YIP2010 - 250

All I did was take this dry erase board idea, and I printed my own insert with lines (we'll call 'em stripes, as this is Thursday), and my blog logo. I used an IKEA NYTTJA frame, which is sized to fit 8.5 x 11 paper.

Now I have a place to write down all of the fun projects that are waiting for me when I get through the other stuff...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Sooooo cute, Mollie!

    What kind of fabric do you use to embroider your designs and where do you buy it?
    Sorry for asking so many questions.

    Thank you.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, I'm always happy to answer questions!

    I use a variety of fabrics, and it often changes. There's a fakey linen that I get at Joanns. It's like, $4/yd. I also like muslin, and lately I've been using some very basic white cotton that I got in bulk from a local factory outlet.

    All that said, I've been thinking that I need a new fabric. I'm on the lookout for something that has a close weave, but is still easy to get the floss through. Can I find something I'll like? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Thank you, Mollie. :)


    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I saw the same tutorial but I don't have any fabric around the house light enough, I really like your idea of printing up some stationary for myself! niiiccceee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! Thanks for sharing this. I hear you on sometimes needing to just make something. It always clears my head a bit.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!