about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

in the works...

I've got a lot of projects that are either in the works, or planned to be in the works, so I thought I'd do a quick update.

x-stitchin

Above, a Mother's Day gift for my mom. I really don't see this getting finished by Sunday. I had forgotten how long counted cross-stitch actually takes. And please, no comments about my doing this wrong and not starting in the middle. I can't think that way, so I cross-stitch weird.

YIP2010 - 126

These are some sketches that I've started for a painting. Those are zombie objects and they are for a special request from a friend. Not my typical style to do zombies, but I'm totally digging them.

mmm coffeeee

This is for a secret something that I'm hoping to work on more this weekend and coming week. If all goes as planned, I'll be sharing more info next week.

YIP2010 - 127

And this, dear blog friends, is a completed project. I made hexagons, I stitched them together, and I made a pincushion. My first! I found that making the hexagons was quite enjoyable, but also time-consuming. I admire those that make quilts out of these babies, because...whoa. I can't even imagine.

(And a reminder: The 1000th post giveaway is still going a few posts down!)

4 comments:

  1. I am an avid cross stitcher and I don't follow the rules. I stitch where I want, when I want and all over the place. I mix colors and do my own thing.

    That's art! :-) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...love your hexagons + zombie doodles! Cute!! :) I love the cross-stitch, too...I can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute zombie apple :) Love the hexagon pin cushion too - bet that snipping the shapes out took some concentrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dig those zombies too. I'm thinking a felt bracelet come October For Sure.

    Also love the hexagon. Quilt time!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!