about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

using my stitched articulate mushroom...

This is sort of a non-official "Things to do with embroidery" post. Just something quick that I put together using the Articulate Mushroom that I stitched up last week.

layered hairpin

This was embroidered on muslin, and so I trimmed around it loosely. Then I cut out a few more pieces that were similar in size, but all different shapes. There are a total of six layers, I think.

layered hairpin

Then I used a running stitch around the Mushroom, holding all the pieces together.

layered hairpin

To the back, I sewed on a large bobby pin.

layered hairpin

Done! The layers make it look kind of ruffly, and sweet. Fun and easy!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think it is a very nice option... It also can be done with different colour fabrics and stiches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! That is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!