about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

recycled file folders...

folders

Late the other night, I got to thinking about things to make from my collection of recycled boxes that I've collected. It seemed like a good time to de-stash those a bit too. They are super easy, and they'll go with a bigger project that I'll share tomorrow!

YIP2010 - 054

You probably have everything you need on hand: Cereal boxes or cardboard packaging of a similar size, masking tape (an excellent use for colored masking tape, if you feel so inclined!), felt, fabric, eyelet (optional, but cute!), stapler, needle/thread.

folders

Open a cereal box flat, and cut off the flaps. Next, cut the front and back so that you have one-half of a thin side panel also attached. It will have about .75" past the fold. (this will be helpful for if you want to place a large stack of papers in your folder.

folders

Stack the front and back so they are printed side to printed side, and tape one edge. Open it up and tape the inside. You might want to reinforce it with an extra layer.

folders

Now, add tabs. I made some with felt and sewed them on like this.

folders

This one is muslin, and I just stapled it.

folders

Or, you can add a tab of eyelet. So cute! Again, this is stapled. This is also a mini folder that I made from a box of crackers. You can make these any size that you have packaging!

I don't plan on putting these into file drawers, but rather as a means to tidy up papers. Tomorrow, I'll show you how to make a way cute portfolio to hold them all together!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats RubyJones!

    I will never, in a million years, ever, ever, EVER use all the paper I have. I have cardstock & printed papers in every possible color and pattern. Well.....execept for all the others out there that I don't have yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!