about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

redwork = love...

YIP2010 - 022

Redwork should be the official embroidery style of Valentine's Day, don't you think?

I stitched this up using my Holiday Jordnöts pattern, and instead of embroidery floss, I used thin crochet cotton. It was really fun to work with!

After those necklaces yesterday, I knew exactly what I would do with my finished work...a soft pendant!

Before I attached the Cupid Jordnöt to the felt, I cut two small-ish slits in the felt. To attach the embroidered muslin to the backing, I just stitched the border through both layers, and then trimmed around the whole thing. The "chain" is just a long crocheted chain, two times the length that I wanted my necklace to be. I looped it through the slits, and I've got a big soft pendant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!