about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

not me...

becoming me...

I feel like I've been talking about this now for a long time. But at last the time has come for more info to be shared!

What you see here is the complete(d) self-portrait that I did. It's in four pieces, and is a progression. The style is based on Ed Emberley's drawing steps, but is also about the process of becoming one's self. Becoming me...

becoming me...

The exciting thing about this is that it is part of a self-portrait show called "Not You" and is at the MINT Gallery in Atlanta. The show opens this Saturday and runs through February 7. I won't be able to make it to the show, so if anyone is in the Atlanta area and is able to make it, I'd love to hear about it!

Travis Smith is the curator of the show. We are Flickr contacts. That's how we know each other, and that's how I ended up part of this. Isn't the internet amazing? Never, ever would I have thought that I would have a piece in a gallery of any kind...so, whoa. And thank you, Travis!

becoming me...

(ps: the giveaway is still going in the post below, and on Facebook...don't forget to enter!)

3 comments:

  1. That is a very adorable portrait! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being included in the show at the gallery! I like it very much and I'm sure others will too!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!