about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

rock the baby...

little puppets...

...Baby Jesus.

On Sundays I have the pleasure of leading preschool music at our church. It is the best. Truly, I can't express how much joy it brings me to sing with two, three and four-year-olds. They are adorable, excited about singing, and so sweet! It may sound silly to some, but worshiping God and celebrating His Son with little ones takes it to a whole other level.

Anyway, at Christmas, it's even more fun. We've been singing one of my favorite songs, "Rock the Baby." (from this CD) In the song, we all hold our arms like we're cradling and rocking a baby. (Baby Jesus!) It's really cute, and the kids get into it.

For this week, I got my mom to help me with something. We made a little baby Jesus felt hand puppet for each child to use while we sing, and to take home with them. It really made singing today extra special. One little boy even said that he was going to take the puppet to bed so he could snuggle it!

When I sing with these kids, I always think of a Charles Dickens quote:

"I love these little ones, and it is no small thing that they, who are so fresh from heaven, should love us."

(And special thanks to my mom, who hurt her back from sitting at our kitchen counter and sewing for so long!)

7 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea. Wish I'd thought of this for my little guy, whose Sunday school sang "Away In a Manger" for their Christmas program last Sunday, complete with baby rocking motion. You are right that the 3s, 4s, & 5s are so cute and so delighted to be there. Even mine, who is fairly reserved in the big group, really belts it out at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Would you allow us to post this picture under a different idea for Jesus Lollipop covers and link back to you? This is just adorable. If not then that is okay. Our website name is Church House Collection. http://www.churchhousecollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian Clipart, please go ahead! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! We will have it up soon with a link back to you. Great sewing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.sundayschoolcrafts.net/christmas-crafts.php

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!