about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

stitching our way to Christmas...

Back in October, my sister and I were doing our Thursday coffee thing. I was talking about coming up with more things to do with embroidery, and I mentioned that I thought that embroidering a calendar of some sort would be fun. I was thinking stitch the blank grid, then separate numbers and month names that could be changed out.

It was at this point that Anna came up with the best idea ever. And I wanted to strangle her. "Why not make a pattern for an embroidered Advent calendar?" Gee...that wouldn't take much time at all! Grr. But of course, being a fantastic idea, I knew (she knew!) it would have to happen.

So here's the deal, friends. Everyday, leading up to Christmas, there will be a free Christmas Teeny Tiny pattern for you. See over there in the sidebar? That's where you'll find them. They'll all be gone at the end of December, and won't come back until next year, when they'll be in the shop.

Christmas Teeny Tinies

Here's my first one, all stitched up. I decided that I wanted to have these hang on either a wreath or garland, and add one each day. You know, as I stitch them.

They are simply stitched onto fabric, then I trimmed that into a circle. The circle went on wool felt, which I cut out with scallop scissors. I left numbers off of mine so that I could change the order each year if I want to, but you could stitch a number to the felt backing. Using my Crop-O-Dile, I added an eyelet to the top for a hook to go through.

You can add pictures of your Teeny Tiny Advent creations to the Wild Olive Flickr pool. These are all pretty simple, so it won't take long for each. I do hope you join me in stitching our way to Christmas!

UPDATE: Although these patterns are no longer available on my blog, you can purchase the complete set of Advent Tinies in my shop.

10 comments:

  1. That star is so cute! I'll have to stitch it up soon. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Such a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Mollie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:06 PM

    I am loving this! I don't think I will have time to tackle these before Christmas, but might tackle them immediately after for next year - I have a small tree that would be a perfect advent tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Awwww. They're cute! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you mollie! they're adorable :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Mollie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:18 AM

    Hi, I'm featuring you today as part of Great Idea Thursday on my blog (an advent roundup, if you will):

    http://awesomeave.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/great-idea-thursday-make-an-advent-calender/

    Thanks for your great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh thank you for your sharing generosity! i found your blog from tnemily's blog. like her, i think i will plan to do this for next year! thanks again so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mollie you are fantastic!! I love the idea of a stitch along advent and the patterns are so cute!!
    Thank you xo

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!