about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

needlework & crafts...

McCall's Needlework & Crafts

It's festival weekend around here, so my sister and I went to the craft show. Here's the thing about traditional craft shows. They're so...traditional. There was very little that I hadn't seen before, and in most cases, that you couldn't find a few tents away. Which is all good and well, but give me Etsy any day.

But while we were wandering, we stopped in a few antique shops that we had never visited. Cute stuff. But this magazine was my find for the day. This is the Fall-Winter 1969-70 issue of McCall's Needlework and Crafts magazine. So much goodness is contained in these pages. Those outfits on the cover? Priceless. And wait until I scan the paper bag costumes. Too much!

But seriously, it also has some patterns for felt marionettes and elf plushes, adorable Pennsylvania Dutch embroideries, and more. Plus the ads themselves are a delight. I promise to share throughout the week.

The best part? It was still the cover price of $1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!