about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

folk svenska...

I forgot that I bought this...

A couple of years ago, I took a trip to San Diego with my sister, and one of the places we stopped was a used bookstore filled with only children's books. It was called The Prince and the Pauper. This book was one of the things that I bought. The interesting thing is, I forgot that I had it.

the boy and the water sprite...

pinkel...

I was thrilled to rediscover it though, because it combines the two things that I've been exploring lately in my doodling. Fairy/folk tales and my adoptive Swedish heritage. The initial Swedish illustration doodles were the jordnöts, but still in the works are a collection I call "Folk Svenska". Plus some other fairy tale type things...

lars my lad...

When doing a bit of online research, I read the story "Lars My Lad", which is pictured above. (Odd how I had the story and didn't know it...) A great tale, sort of like Aladdin's Lamp. I especially the baffled king as things in his kingdom change unexpectedly. You can read the story here...

And as these doodles take shape, they'll show up here and at the shop...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!