about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

the fifth of may...



I may have blogged this before, but it's worth another post, on this, the fifth of May. Some years back, a family joke was started. My mother very innocently asked, "So when is Cinco de Mayo?" We very seriously replied, "Um, the 5th of May." She maintains that she was asking what day, as in, Monday, but we don't buy that for a minute. Now every year we ask each other this question. I even got the above ecard from a friend with his personal message: "So when is Cinco de Mayo?...a question that will live in infamy."

In honor of this holiday, I made fresh corn tortillas for dinner. This was my second try at them, and they are pretty good. (I just keep forgetting to snap a pic in the midst of rolling them out and cooking them up) They are so good that I was thinking that my life would be easier if I had a tortilla press and I could make them more often. So I did a little search and found this DIY Tortilla Press. I think I'll go for it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!