about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

The Pacific spirit of cartoons?

On Tuesday my family all went to the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. It's one of my favorite places in Chicago to visit. (Okay, so I actually like a whole lot of things in Chicago...this is a great place to live!) On our way in we saw a live size "The Suck-up" out on a sidewalk. It was a huge box with a real guy inside! Nearby were people who worked for Degree. Just another reason I love Chicago...


Anyway, at the Field Museum, I walked through thte Pacific Spirits section. It was being in a true "Tiki Room," even if it isn't the kitch tiki. I saw this one statue and had to sketch it. All I happened to have with was a notebook with lined paper, and I know now that I'll be bringing a real sketch book next time.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

He actually looked this much like a cartoon. I love him! I think he'll be the inspiration for something fun. Not sure yet, but look at him! He's perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!