about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

Illustration Friday?


Max, clinging to a leg.

Here is my first entry, cling, for Illustration Friday. I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I've finally made it! This is my 2-year-old brother Max. He is forever clinging to legs. He's shy, but there is often a smirk on his face! As I like to do when painting, I used watercolors on brown craft paper. I hope you enjoy!



*update* Thank you all so much for your encouraging words!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Looks like lots of us had similar ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:20 PM

    I love it! I have a three year old that does the exact same thing.

    The chalk or brush you used looks so warm and childlike. It really gives you more of a sense of what it feels like to "cling" than "to be clung to."

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    well done, just so you know you have encouraged me to now try brown craft paper w/my watercolors... thanks!
    patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the softness and texture of this illustration. Very sweet and warm.

    Leslie, aka rubber-sol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Love the look of the watercolor on the paper. It gives it such substance. Very cute!

    Enid
    http://jupiternine.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:54 PM

    great first entry...love it...

    violetismycolor

    ReplyDelete
  7. darling illo, and I have to say, I love your reasoning behing the "Wild Olive" name...I think it would make a great name for a graphic design firm!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!