about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // for the beauty of the earth

For The Beauty Of The Earth


I wish I could say that I made this embroidery pattern for Earth Day. I mean, I sort of did, but it's more accurate to say that I made and am sharing this on Earth Day. The design itself is suitable for any time.

It really came to be because all day long I've had the words of this hymn stuck in my head. Which I really don't mind, especially because I think it's quite an appropriate song for today.

And there's a story about this song. I heard about a little boy who loves this song sooooo much, and he sings it "for the booty of the earth". Doesn't that just make you love the song even more?

Oh, and if you have no idea what song I'm talking about, or if you do know and would like to listen to my favorite version, check it out here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:16 PM

    thank you for the link to the hymn, it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!