about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

making pincushions with grace

Making Pincushions with Grace

Last week I mentioned that I took some time to sew with my sister. And over the course of the week I spent bits of time here and there helping her some more. My mom and I worked with her at the end of the week, packaging up all of Grace's hard work. What was she up to?

Well, she wanted to earn some money, so she sewed up a few pincushions and we put them on Instagram. They sold. And she had requests for more, so she sewed a few more. In all, I think she made 17.

I'm so proud of her.

And I'm so proud of this creative community that is willing to support a 10-year-old. A 10-year-old who just kept on sewing, stuffing, and stitching. A 10-year-old who has plans to make more things to sell.

I will never underestimate the power of taking a little bit of time out to encourage a fellow human being.

2 comments:

  1. Can you post a link to the Etsy shop with G's pin cushions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Good for you, Grace! Keep up the good work! Your pincushions are very nice and very neat.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!