about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

a little interview with diana



I'm really, really happy to have Diana here for a little interview! (Really Happy!) Diana loves books, pretty things, taking pictures with film, and her husband (an awesome author and librarian). Her blog, Our.City.Lights is always an enjoyable read, so be sure to give her a visit. And now, a little interview with Diana.

Made for Carly
Typewriter

Tell us a little about yourself and your favorite craft or medium.

My name is Diana, I’m a blogger, and I work for a digital publication company. My job requires a technical craft but I do enjoy another type of craft- embroidering! It’s soothing, I love the challenges of new stitches, and they’ve always made great gifts. My favorite piece was a design I bought for a camera loving friend. She was elated with it!

Made for Rhianne
Made for Christina

How long have you been doing this craft or medium, and where did you learn it?

I’ve been doing this for about 3 years. My family is full of seamstress’, tailors and anything with a thread and needle, they absolutely love. It’s almost in my genetics to love it, and it came easy. I also love the idea of something homemade, and when I was tight on money and time, I began embroidering pieces for friends as early as Summer to make them in time for Christmas.

matryoshka doll
Made for Adele

Why is it important to you to make the things you do?

Embroidering is therapy. I sit in front of a computer all day, and even though browsing the Internet can be relaxing, there’s nothing like seeing the thread and needle come to fruition. The very “hey, I made that!” moment is amazing, isn’t it?!

4340135736_090821ff16_o

If you could learn a new artistic or crafty skill, what would it be?

I would love to polish up on my sewing skills. It’s not like riding a bike- once learned, it’s known forever. This is a craft where it can take many times to practice over. I grew up with pieces of threads at my feet, the industrial serger going constantly have rarely seen my relatives and mom without a measurement tape around their neck or fabric chalk in their hands. I dream of having a sewing room one day!

4216098393_9bd02aa90a_o
4266421783_11699df479_o

What author has had the most influence on you and your life?

Charles Bukowski is an unexpected author that influenced my life. Not only does he have the most raw writing I’ve read, but humanizes himself and doesn’t hide who he is, flaws and all.

Thank you, Diana! It's such a joy to know you!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 AM

    I love her art! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute! loving your little interviews!

    -grace

    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her work.... good interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Diana.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! thank you, mollie! for the readers that are interested, my blog is www.ourcitylights.org

    i hope you're having a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Hello Diana!! So happy to meet another artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love her work, especially the stag & deer pieces... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to this blog and i just want to say that i love all the projects and the artists! As a child i used to be obsessed with needlework.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!