about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

30 days 30 photos

I love taking pictures. But...it's easy for me to fall into the habit of only taking photos for tutorials and blog related things. Really easy. Those photos are easier for me to take, and I can feel relatively successful with those shots.

Lately I've really been thinking that I need to get back to improving my photography, and being better about taking more pictures. So it was perfect timing when I found Sherry's list of suggested items for a 30 day photo challenge:



I'm only a few days in, but already I feel so encouraged and inspired to do this more often! I'm even editing my photos with actions and adjustments that aren't usually my thing. Being a little adventurous like this is good! Here are a few shots so far:

30 Day Photo Challenge: Self Portrait

30 Day Photo Challenge : Clouds

You can watch the collection build in my set on Flickr. And there's still time to take the challenge! You can catch up, or just start from now. Trust me, you'll feel a sense of excitement about the project!

17 comments:

  1. I just want to let you know that I am so happy to have discovered your blog! I couldn't find your email address, so I thought I would let you know this way. Just love the little stitcheries you provide. As soon as I have made some, I will show you!
    Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this list! I am taking photos every day this month, I think I'll take on this list now :) that first one will be scary though, maybe I won't post it online. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, why do you think I look so shocked in the self-portrait? That was not the best day for taking photos of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!! Have fun on your 30 days of fun girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge! Good luck. :)

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww increible a mi tambien me gusta mucho tomar fotos, me encanta tu blog!...saludos desde México.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this list, Mollie! You're right, I'm only taking photos at the moment for blog-related things, so doing this challenge will be fabulous! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you thank you thank you.

    I've always loved the Project 365 stuff- but I have NO diligence in me. Thirty days of diligence? I think I can do that!
    Looking forward to my 30 days and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:28 PM

    I love the idea :) I also start to only photographing projects or me making projects. I still have to decide if I'm going to do it or not! I have so many things planned and don't want to end up like I always do: not doing anything xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pictures! I think I'll have a go at this too as I haven't done much photography like this in a while. Thanks for passing on this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did one of these in June and it was really fun, and gave me an excuse to buy a DSLR ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was planning to start the project this month, but then I thought... What am I going to take photos of? I will follow these suggestions and maybe next month make my own. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:29 AM

    I really want to do the 30 day challenge - but I'm just not sure I could stick to it... It does look like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this fabulous idea! I can't wait to get started! Tonight! I can't wait to invite some friends to join along, too...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love this! My "real job" hours are being cut to part time and so, while job hunting, I'm going to be completely bored... My photography has fallen to the wayside recently... This will be so fun to get things going!

    By the way, a friend recommended your blog to me and I couldn't be happier. It's so cute and you have a great blogging "voice." Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems really cool and fun!
    I might do this too..

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!