about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

folding paper...

I promised that more of my recent origami love would show up here, and there will be more! But today I want to share two things. The first is this book:

folding paper toys

folding paper toys

Do you see who that is in the picture? Shari Lewis! She co-authored Folding Paper Toys, and is in all of the photos. So fun!

We've had this book for a very long time (it was published in 1963, so was probably my mom's, even though it has my grandma's and my late "aunt's" name in it). I remember always going to it when I've been on past origami kicks, but I also remember always being disappointed at the selection of designs. They aren't all traditional origami, but my goodness, there are some very fun things here!

folding paper toys

folding paper toys

OK, next thing to share:

YIP2010 - 024

You know those adorable little puffy stars that you see all the time? These are hearts like those! Eek! I love them, and they are really easy. I found the video tutorial, and although it's a little hard to see, you can still figure it out. Make one, make a bunch! You won't want to stop!

Soon I'll have a little something for you to go along with all this folded paper fun I've been having...

9 comments:

  1. The puffy hearts are so cute! I found a photo tutorial on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/l0ttie/3280826237/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 AM

    O my gosh! That book! I don't know if its the same book (however the year would be about right) but I had a friend in elementary school named Vicki and she and I and a few other girls would spend recesses making that origami furniture for troll dolls. We made pianos and beds and oh gosh we had fun! Thanks for the memory.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puffy hearts must be in the air! I love them! Started making some yesterday and just came across yours on Crafty Crow....so cute! I followed the same tutorial, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally still make those frogs. what a gorgeous book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. teehee, these are soo utterly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book is so cool and I love those puffy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love folding paper toys! Our family has had some pretty darn fun craft nights, because of that book! I love that you mention it here! Well okay maybe the boys didn't have fun ;) Fun post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wicked!!! I used to do this when i was very little .. brings back many nice memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute ideas, love it. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!