about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

making a mix from scratch...

homemade baking mix

Baking from a mix is convenient, yes? What if you have a great recipe that uses a mix, but you don't have a mix on hand? Just make the mix from scratch! OK, this actually sounded a little crazy to me, but when I found myself without baking mix, I decided to give it a try.

There are all kinds of recipes for baking mix or bisquick recipes, so I just chose one. It was easy, and it worked very well. I have made Cheeseburger Pie as well as Peanut Butter Cookies with it. Plus I have plenty ready for the next recipe.

The next "mix" that I plan on trying is cake mix. This came to mind when Sonia mentioned not being able to get yellow cake mix. So I thought, I bet you can make it. Sure enough, a quick search for "make your own cake mix" turns up all kinds of things. What a great idea!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mollie, can't wait to read more about that !
    In fact, in supermarkets here, you can find cake mixes but for specific types of cakes, not a cake mix that you'll be able to use for many recipes. Oooh this makes me think about a question I wanted to ask to anyone American ... (if you don't mind) I own several Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, and in many recipes, one of the ingredient is "shortening". I have absolutely NO idea what they talk about !!! LOL Could you help me there ? Thanks in advance !
    Have a great middle of the week, sweet Mollie. I'm myself off to bed. Zzzzz ..
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!