about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

Year of the Rooster?

Well, this week's theme for Illustration Friday was "Year of the Rooster." I had a number of ideas and sketches, including a chick hatching from a fortune cookie, and the one that I was going to go for, a rooster eating from a Chinese take-out box. But it was never finished. I guess I could still finish it up, but I don't see myself needing an illustration like that in the near future.

What did come out of this was that I ended up drawing the rooster in a different style than I have drawn before. So I decided to try a few other farm animals, and they came out cute. I think that a series of watercolored animals will be coming up. They seem like a nice little gift for my baby sister too! More details on this to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!