about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

calendar // a royal sapphire for september



September already? I guess that means it's time for a new set of birthstone wallpapers!

Honestly, this is the time of year when I really start to go into denial. Even though autumn doesn't officially start until the end of September, and even though Labor Day is considered the end of summer in the US, September 1st signifies the start of the new season. And even though this is my favorite season, I'm not quite ready this year...

So in an effort to delay September a little more, or at least delay the September wallpaper links, enjoy a few things that I made and shared in August:

Happy Mail Pencil Case

You might know how much I love kawaii cuteness, and it was so much fun to make some literal happy mail with this envelope style pencil case for Handmade Charlotte!

Animal Pocket Folders

I also designed some printable faces that you can use to create some fun pocket folders that look like colorful animals!

Alphabet Sampler Embroidery Pattern

In the embroidery category, I shared this free alphabet embroidery sampler pattern. It's a great way to practice a bunch of stitches or even make a simple monogram.

Sylvia Poncho Wrap Knitting Pattern

My biggest project of August was actually my biggest project of the entire summer. Because that's how long it took me! The Sylvia Poncho Wrap is my very first knitting pattern, and I'm so pleased with the results. I'll share more about the process in a whole separate post soon.

Very Serious Crafts S1E10

And lest I forget to mention it, new episodes of the Very Serious Crafts Podcast released this month too. Episode 10 felt like a milestone for us, and we hope you'll give it a listen!

Now, how about a new set of wallpapers with an oval-cut sapphire? I debated on what shape to make this month's birthstone, but opted for something a little nostalgic. Although it's turned the other way, you might recognize this as the stone from Princess Diana's amazing engagement ring, which Kate Middleton now wears.

How could I resist making it cute? And how you can resist adding this new calendar to your phone, tablet or desktop?


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:26 AM

    Mollie,

    Not many people have commented recently so I thought that I would. I am appreciative of your blog and all the work you put into it. I have been reading since '08, I think, and have enjoyed every post. Thank you for all the time and heart you put into your part of the web.
    Congratulations on your knitting. From the photo it looks like a very nice shawl. Do you follow others on the web? I love Gingerbread Snowflakes and even though Pam doesn't post every often on her blog anymore, she does post on Instagram. She knits a lot and through her I have discovered Paper Dag. Ms. Dag knits even more and produces some of the most beautiful things. She also posts through Instagram. When you have the time check these ladies out.
    Thank you again.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your bit on tinting embroideries and the results looked great! My problem is I want to gently tint (trying to create rosy cheeks) a pillowcase embroidery that will be washed repeatedly and the crayons just don't hold up. In experimenting it looks like lipstick might be a better long-lasting tint. Have you tried that or do you have other suggestions? I want something I can "fade".

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!