about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

calendar // old cranky candy corn for a new october



Oh October, I'm glad you're here. Even though I'm a little late to greet you. Some months you just need to flip the calendar page so you can start again. It's been feeling that way more often lately.

I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a month of catching up on all that I missed or messed up last month. We're gonna call this a month of resetting so that November can be amazing.

The Cranky Candy Corn on this month's calendar is from 2008, the first year that I started making calendars. If you look closely, you'll see that when the candy is flipped, the frown turns upside down to make a happier treat. Choose to see them as cranky or cheerful, depending on your mood!

Speaking of candy corn, here are a few posts I created for other sites, starting with a candy corn accessory...

Candy Corn Pin

Check out my post on how to make your own embroidered candy corn pin. It's a pretty quick project, so you have plenty of time to make one (or a bunch) for Halloween.

Leaf Garland

If you have a little more time on your hands, how about making a painted and embroidered leaf garland?

Jacobs Ladder

Craft with your kids by making a Jacob's ladder toy from craft foam. You'll be amazed by how they work, even after you've made one!

Now, onto the calendars for this month!


For iPhone 6+, choose the iPad version. To use the iPhone and iPad versions, click the link for the wallpaper you want. When it opens, touch and hold the image until it pops up with the option to save. After you've saved the image, go to your settings, choose wallpaper, then find the image you've just saved.

You can also download a printable October calendar. Trim it and leave it in black and white, or color it in with all of the candy corn colors and flavors you wish they made!

4 comments:

  1. So I've tried to download the October screensaver three times and each time it shows up on my screensaver/background screen as the orange calender, without all the candycorn....just a black background. Maybe the image hasn't been merged correctly? Help! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the same issue! Your calendars are the best part of my office! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about that! Thank you for letting me know. They should be all fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It works now! Thank you! I love your monthly calendars! <3

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!